Free Online GIPS® Training From the Experts at TSG
Enter Your Contact Details to Gain Complimentary Access to Online GIPS Training
After submitting the form, you will receive a message with your login and code to access your training.
The course contains over four hours of content and covers:
- - The history of the Standards, including an explanation as to why it was necessary to develop them, and how they’ve evolved over the past three decades.
- - An approach to become compliant.
- - The fundamental concepts of firm definition, composites, discretion, and dispersion.
- - Other aspects of the Standards, such as minimum account size and composite creation and inception dates, are discussed.
- - The importance of policies and procedures, including many of the parts that must be addressed.
- - Error correction guidance, and why firms may not want to employ all of the suggested levels.
- - The different approaches to calculate composite returns.
- - The reporting requirements.
- - What is meant by and the importance of verification.
- - The various approaches to measure dispersion.
- - Standard deviation and how it can be used for both dispersion and volatility.
- - Fair value, and the various approaches employed to derive it.
- - Supplemental information, what it is and how to deal with it, as well as how it’s changed.
- - The advertising guidelines.
- - The role of guidance statements.
GIPS® is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute. CFA Institute does not endorse or promote this organization, nor does it warrant the accuracy or quality of the content contained herein.
Copyright® 2022 - TSG, Inc.