New 2015 GIPS Firm Notification Requirement
Listen to this webinar by John D. Simpson, CIPM of TSG where you will:
• Hear the history behind this new requirement for GIPS compliant firms to register their claim of GIPS compliance with the CFA Institute
• Get the details on what is required for compliant firms to register their claim of GIPS compliance
• Obtain answers to your questions regarding this new firm notification requirement
On 25 September 2014, the GIPS Executive Committee approved a new requirement for firms that claim compliance with the GIPS standards to notify CFA Institute of such claims on an annual basis.
The new requirement went into effect on 1 January 2015.
- By 30 June of each calendar year, firms must complete the form and submit to CFA Institute with information as of 31 December of the prior calendar year
- The required information includes:
- Name of firm
- Firm address
- Contact information
- Verification status